Bird - final


I finished my first print several weeks ago, but have been busy with other things, so now I'm finally getting around to putting up my efforts here. As I mentioned before, this is a linoleum block, and when printing, I tried using one color (shown here) and 2 colors - not shown because I didn't like the way it turned out. My favorite one color attempt was much lighter than the brown shown here - it was a neutral beige, but something happened while printing and a large unattractive dark spot showed up on the paper when it dried...probably another color ink that got on the roller... too bad. The class continues and right now I'm finishing up a reduction print - my first attempt! And because I can't make anything easy for myself, it has 7 or 8 colors. Yikes. I'll post pictures when its done.